BEFORE hiring a duct cleaning contractor, make sure you can answer “YES” to all of these questions:
- Are there known or observed contaminants in the duct-work?
- Have you confirmed the type and quantity of contaminants based on testing or observation?
- Are the contaminants(or their by‐ products) capable of entering occupied spaces?
- Have you identified and controlled the source of the contaminant?
- Will the duct cleaning effectively remove, inactivate, or neutralize the contaminant?
- Have you considered other options, such as removal of affected duct-work?
- Is duct cleaning the only (or most effective)solution?